March 8, 2022
RE: New Visitation Update
Hello to our residents, families and friends,
We are glad to inform you that our facility’s “outbreak” status has officially been cleared by the Ventura County Public Health Office and the California Department of Public Health Licensing Division. We are thankful for our front line staff and you for weathering the storm of this latest Omicron surge.
We’re also happy to announce the following updates to our visitation guidelines:
Vaccinated visitors may enter the facility for indoor visitation with proof of vaccination:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card OR
- Photo of a Vaccination Record Card as a separate document OR
- Photo of the client’s Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device; OR
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider; OR
- Digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
- Visitors may access their digital vaccination record by using the Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record website.
Unvaccinated visitors seeking indoor visitation must show documentation of a negative SARS-CoV-2 test where the specimen collection occurred within two days if using PCR or one day if using antigen testing before each visit and for which the test results are available at the time of entry to the facility.
- For visitors who visit for multiple consecutive days proof of negative test is only required every third day (meaning testing is only required on day one, day 4 and day 7, and so on). Unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated visitors with history of COVID-19 within the prior 90 days may provide documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in lieu of testing.
- Visitors regardless of vaccination status must adhere to the following principles:
- All visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, must be screened for fever and COVID-19 symptoms and/or exposure within the prior 14 days to another person with COVID-19; if a visitor has COVID-19 symptoms or has been in close contact with a confirmed positive case, they must reschedule their visit, regardless of their vaccination status.
All visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, must:
- Wear a well-fitting face mask with good filtration (N95, KF94, KN95, or surgical masks are preferred over cloth face coverings) and perform hand hygiene upon entry and in all common areas in the facility;
- If personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for contact with the resident due to quarantine or COVID-19 positive isolation status (including fully vaccinated visitors), it must be donned and doffed according to instruction by HCP.
- Facilities should limit visitor movement in the facility, regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status; for example, visitors should not walk around the hallways of the facility and should go directly to and from the resident’s room or designated visitation area.
For additional updates including communal dining, staff testing, outdoor visitation etc., please refer to AFL 22-09:
Camarillo Healthcare Center